When it comes to enjoying coffee while camping, it’s essential to have a reliable method for brewing up a cup of joe. Luckily, there are several ways How to make coffee while camping, each with its own unique benefits. Whether you prefer a pour-over, French press, percolator, or even instant coffee, there’s a camping coffee brewing method that’s perfect for you.
6 Ways to Make Incredible Camping Coffee Brewing Methods
The Percolator Camping Coffee
Percolator camping coffee is a classic method that has been used for generations. It involves boiling water in a container with a coffee basket on top, which allows the water to flow through the coffee grounds and create a strong, flavorful brew. Here’s how to make percolator camping coffee.
How to Make Percolator Camping Coffee?
Percolator camping coffee is the perfect way to start your morning outdoors. To make this type of coffee, you will need a percolator that is specifically designed for camping.
- Start by filling the percolator with cold water to just below the top of the basket.
- Place your favorite ground coffee into the filter basket, making sure it’s not too tightly packed.
- Place the percolator over a campfire, on a camping stove, or even an open flame if you prefer.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer and allow the coffee to brew for about 5 minutes.
- When it’s ready, remove from heat and pour out your freshly brewed campfire coffee!
The Espresso Pot Camping Coffee
Espresso pot camping coffee is a great option for those who love a strong, concentrated brew. It works by using steam pressure to force hot water through finely ground coffee beans.
How to Make Espresso Pot Camping Coffee?
Making espresso pot camping coffee is an easy and tasty way to enjoy your favorite brew while out in nature. Here’s how:
- Fill the bottom chamber of the espresso pot with cold water up to the fill line.
- Insert the funnel into the bottom chamber and fill it with finely ground coffee.
- Screw the top chamber onto the bottom chamber.
- Place the espresso pot over heat (on a stove or campfire).
- Once the coffee has brewed, remove from heat and serve.
The Instant Camping Coffee
Instant camping coffee, also known as steeped camp coffee, is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to make coffee while camping. It involves using instant coffee granules or coffee bags that can be steeped in hot water.
Must-Have for Instant Lovers:
- Instant coffee granules or bags for a quick and easy cup.
- Heat source such as campfire, camping stove, or open flame.
- Mug or thermos to keep your steeping coffee warm.
The Pour Over Camping Coffee
Pour-over camping coffee is a popular method that involves pouring hot water over coffee grounds in a filter. This allows for precise control over the strength and flavor of the coffee.
Must-Have for Pour Over Lovers:
- Freshly ground coffee for the best flavor and aroma.
- A reusable filter to ensure a delicious cup every time.
- Kettle or pot to boil water over heat source.
- Conical pour-over brewer such as a Hario v60 or Chemex.
The French Press Camping Coffee
French press camping coffee is a beloved method that creates a rich, full-bodied brew. It involves steeping coffee grounds in hot water and then pressing them down with a plunger to separate the grounds from the liquid.
The AeroPress Camping Coffee
AeroPress camping coffee is a newer method that has gained popularity among coffee enthusiasts. It involves using a small, portable device to create a smooth, flavorful brew by using air pressure to force hot water through the coffee grounds.
Must-Have for AeroPress Lovers:
- Freshly ground coffee for maximum flavor and aroma.
- AeroPress brewing device for easy brewing on the go.
- Reliable heat source such as a campfire, camping stove or open flame.
Consider each of the methods and decide which one best suits your needs.
- Size and weight
- Typical group size
- Ease of clean up
Why Convenience Matters in the Great Outdoors?
Making coffee while camping can be a challenge, especially if you don’t have the right equipment. But whether you opt for percolator camping coffee, espresso pot camping coffee, instant campfire coffee, pour-over camping coffee, French press camping coffee or AeroPress camping coffee, having the ability to enjoy your favorite hot beverage in nature is a great way to start the day!
I’m Kara Chavez, and I love coffee. I like to create some of the best coffees around – espressos, lattes, macchiatos – you name it. I strive for perfection in my coffee-making skills, and I take great pride in providing a delicious cup of joe to my customers.
I’ve been working in the coffee industry for years now, and I know everything there is to know about making a perfect cup of coffee. My passion for coffee shines through in every cup that I make, and I hope that you’ll stop by soon so that I can share my love of coffee with you!