Gas grills are a staple in any outdoor cooking experience, providing a quick and easy way to cook delicious meals for family and friends. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one, especially if you’re on a budget. In this article, we’ll be looking at the best gas grills under $500.
When it comes to purchasing a gas grill, there are several factors to consider. One of the most important is the size of the grill, as it should be able to accommodate the amount of food you plan to cook. Other factors include the material of the grill, the number of burners, and the overall build quality.
We spent hours researching and testing various gas grills to identify the ones that offer the best value for under $500. Whether you’re a seasoned griller or just starting out, we’ve got you covered. So let’s dive in and take a look at the top gas grills that won’t break the bank.
Best Gas Grills Under $500
Looking for a high-quality gas grill that won’t break the bank? We’ve got you covered. After researching and testing various models, we’ve compiled a list of the best gas grills under $500. These grills offer a great balance of affordability, durability, and performance. Whether you’re a seasoned grilling pro or just starting out, you’ll find a grill on this list that meets your needs. So without further ado, let’s dive in and take a look at our top picks.
1. Monument Grills Larger 4-Burner Propane Gas Grills Stainless Steel Cabinet Style
If you’re looking for a powerful gas grill with a large cooking area, Monument Grills Larger 4-Burner Propane Gas Grills Stainless Steel Cabinet Style with Side & Side Sear Burners, Built in Thermometer, and LED Controls is a great option.
- The four main burners and one side burner and one side sear burner with total 72,000 BTUs deliver powerful heat and great grilling experience.
- The 723 square inches of total cooking area offers plenty of grilling space; 513 square inches of primary cooking area and 210 square inches of warming rack area.
- The large storage cabinet is easy to store your LP tank, while also offering sufficient space for grilling accessories.
- Some parts may be damaged during transit, so make sure to check if the grill is intact in the package and contact the seller within 15 days if any parts are damaged.
- The assembly may take some time and effort, but it’s worth it for the quality and features of the grill.
- The price may be a bit higher than some other gas grills under $500, but it’s a great investment for serious grillers.
We recently purchased this gas grill and have been very impressed with its performance. The powerful burners heat up quickly and evenly, and the large cooking area allows us to grill for a crowd. The LED control knobs and built-in thermometer make it easy to monitor and adjust the temperature, and the stainless steel flame tamers ensure even heat delivering great flavors. The large storage cabinet is also a great feature that keeps everything organized and easy to access.
Overall, we highly recommend the Monument Grills Larger 4-Burner Propane Gas Grills Stainless Steel Cabinet Style with Side & Side Sear Burners, Built in Thermometer, and LED Controls for anyone looking for a high-quality gas grill with great features and performance.
2. Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill
If you’re looking for a portable gas grill that’s easy to set up and collapse, the Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill might be a good choice for you.
- One-handed setup and collapse.
- Large grilling area (15 burger capacity) so that the entire meal is grilled and ready to eat at the same time.
- Compact fold takes up minimal space in the garage and fits perfectly in the trunk of your car.
- Attach a 16 oz. gas canister or use an adapter hose to connect to a larger tank (sold separately).
- Assembly required.
- May not be suitable for large groups.
We found the Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill to be well-designed and easy to use. It’s perfect for small gatherings or family meals. The one-handed setup and collapse feature makes it convenient to use, and the compact fold takes up minimal space in the garage and fits perfectly in the trunk of your car.
The large grilling area allows you to cook 15 burgers at once, so the entire meal is grilled and ready to eat at the same time. It’s purposely designed to optimize gas usage, so you won’t have to worry about running out of gas in the middle of cooking.
The Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill is made of high-quality materials and is built to last. It’s easy to clean and maintain, and we found it to be a great value for the price.
Overall, we would recommend the Weber Traveler Portable Gas Grill to anyone looking for a reliable and portable gas grill under $500.
3. Char-Broil Performance Series 4-Burner Gas Grill
If you’re looking for a reliable and versatile gas grill under $500, the Char-Broil Performance Series 4-Burner Gas Grill is an excellent option. With ample cooking space and a side burner, this grill has everything you need to cook up a variety of dishes.
- The porcelain-coated cast iron grates offer superior heat retention and are rust-resistant, ensuring even cooking and easy cleaning.
- The LED-illuminated control knobs and stainless-steel finish give this grill a sleek and sophisticated look.
- The electronic ignition ensures fast and reliable burner lighting at the push of a button.
- Some users have reported that the assembly instructions can be confusing and difficult to follow.
- The grill may take longer to heat up than some other models.
- The side burner may not be as powerful as some users would like.
We recently used the Char-Broil Performance Series 4-Burner Gas Grill to cook up a variety of dishes, and we were impressed with its performance. The porcelain-coated cast iron grates provided even heating and were easy to clean, while the side burner was perfect for cooking sauces and sides. We also appreciated the LED-illuminated control knobs, which made it easy to see and adjust the temperature, even in low light.
One potential downside of this grill is that the assembly instructions can be a bit confusing, so it may take some time and patience to put together. Additionally, some users have reported that the grill takes longer to heat up than other models, which may be a concern if you’re in a hurry. Finally, while the side burner is a nice addition, it may not be as powerful as some users would like.
Overall, we think the Char-Broil Performance Series 4-Burner Gas Grill is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile gas grill under $500. With its ample cooking space, side burner, and sleek design, it’s sure to be a hit at your next backyard barbecue.
4. Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
If you’re looking for a compact and convenient gas grill, the Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is a great option.
- The powerful GS4 grilling system makes it easy to cook delicious food.
- The compact open-cart design and folding side table make it easy to store.
- The porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates are durable and easy to clean.
- The assembly instructions can be a bit confusing.
- The fuel gauge is not very accurate.
- The iGrill 3 accessory is sold separately.
We recently purchased the Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill and have been very happy with our purchase. The GS4 grilling system makes it easy to cook delicious food, and we love the compact design that makes it easy to store. The porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates are also a great feature, as they are durable and easy to clean.
However, we did find that the assembly instructions can be a bit confusing, so it took us a bit longer to put together than we anticipated. Additionally, the fuel gauge is not very accurate, so we’ve had to keep a close eye on the tank to make sure we don’t run out of propane mid-grill. Finally, we were disappointed to find out that the iGrill 3 accessory is sold separately, as we were hoping to use it to monitor the temperature of our food.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill to anyone looking for a compact and convenient gas grill.
5. Weber Q2200 Gas Grill
If you’re looking for a compact, portable gas grill that’s perfect for camping or tailgating, the Weber Q2200 Gas Grill is a great choice. With its stainless steel burner that puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour, porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates, and electronic ignition with built-in thermometer, this grill is ideal for cooking up delicious meals on the go.
- Total cooking area of 280 square inches
- Split grates allow for a grate/griddle cooking combination
- Compact overall size with large grilling surface
- Runs on disposable LP cylinders (not included)
- Optional LP adapter hose for 20-lb. tanks is available as an accessory
- May not be suitable for large gatherings or parties
We recently took the Weber Q2200 Gas Grill on a camping trip and were impressed with its performance. The grill heated up quickly and cooked our food evenly. We especially liked the split grates, which allowed us to cook both burgers and pancakes at the same time. The compact size of the grill made it easy to transport and set up, and the folding work tables were a convenient feature.
One downside of the grill is that it runs on disposable LP cylinders, which can be expensive and inconvenient to replace. However, an optional LP adapter hose for 20-lb. tanks is available as an accessory. Another potential drawback is that the grill may not be suitable for large gatherings or parties, as its cooking surface is relatively small.
Overall, we would recommend the Weber Q2200 Gas Grill for anyone looking for a compact, portable gas grill that’s perfect for camping or tailgating.
6. Blackstone 1883 Gas Griddle Station
If you’re looking for an efficient and convenient way to upgrade your camp kitchen setup, the Blackstone 1883 Gas Griddle Station is a great option. With its extra-large 28-inch griddle surface, you can cook for up to 10 people at once.
- Portable and easy to transport
- Two burners for versatile cooking
- Innovative grease management system for easy cleanup
- Heavy at 108 pounds
- Assembly required
- No dishwasher safe parts
We love the Blackstone 1883 Gas Griddle Station for its portability and convenience. You can detach the propane tank, fold down the legs, and transport it back and forth between the backyard and campground with ease. The heavy-duty griddle features two burners, so you can crisp the hash browns on slow flames on one side and quickly make eggs on the high flame on the other side. The side shelves add organization to your cooking space, acting as a resting place for your spatulas and also as a convenient prep table.
Cleaning up after cooking is a breeze thanks to the integrated grease management system that catches all the drips. The sturdy and heavy gauge metal construction not only makes our outdoor griddle durable but also contributes to the griddle’s excellent and even heat distribution.
Overall, we highly recommend the Blackstone 1883 Gas Griddle Station for anyone looking for a versatile and convenient outdoor cooking solution.
7. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
We highly recommend the Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner for anyone looking for a reliable and affordable gas grill under $500.
- The porcelain-coated grates are rust-resistant and easy to clean.
- The 8,000-btu side burner provides a secondary cooking space for sides or sauces.
- The piezo ignition ensures fast and reliable startups.
- The assembly process can be time-consuming.
- The heat distribution may not be even across the cooking surface.
- The side shelf may not be sturdy enough for heavy items.
We recently had the opportunity to use the Char-Broil Classic 360 and were impressed by its performance. The porcelain-coated grates made cooking and cleaning a breeze, and the 8,000-btu side burner was perfect for cooking sides while grilling. We also appreciated the piezo ignition, which made starting up the grill quick and easy.
However, we did encounter a few drawbacks. The assembly process was a bit time-consuming and required some patience. We also noticed that the heat distribution was not always even across the cooking surface, which required some adjusting and monitoring while cooking. Additionally, the side shelf was not as sturdy as we would have liked, which made it difficult to hold heavy items.
Overall, we believe that the Char-Broil Classic 360 is a great gas grill for those on a budget. Its durability and performance make it a worthwhile investment for any home cook.
When it comes to buying a gas grill under $500, there are a few key features to look for to ensure you get the best value for your money. Here are some things to consider:
The size of the grill is an important factor to consider. You want to make sure you get a grill that is big enough to cook for your family and guests, but not so big that it takes up too much space on your patio. Look for a grill with a cooking surface of at least 400 square inches, which should be enough to cook for four to six people.
The number and type of burners is also an important consideration. Look for a grill with at least two burners, which will give you more control over the heat and allow you to cook different types of food at the same time. Stainless steel burners are a good choice, as they are durable and easy to clean.
The heat output of the grill is another important factor to consider. Look for a grill with a high BTU (British Thermal Unit) rating, which will ensure that the grill heats up quickly and cooks your food evenly. A grill with a BTU rating of at least 30,000 should be sufficient for most grilling needs.
The materials used to make the grill are also important. Look for a grill with a sturdy frame made of stainless steel or cast aluminum, which will be durable and resist rust and corrosion. The cooking grates should also be made of stainless steel or cast iron, which will be easy to clean and provide good heat retention.
Finally, consider any additional features that the grill may have, such as a built-in thermometer, a side burner, or a warming rack. These features can add convenience and versatility to your grilling experience.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best gas grill under $500 that meets your needs and provides excellent value for your money.
We’ve reviewed some of the best gas grills under $500, and we’re confident that any of the grills on our list would make a great addition to your outdoor cooking setup.
When choosing a gas grill in this price range, it’s important to prioritize features that are most important to you. Whether you’re looking for a grill with a large cooking surface, multiple burners, or a convenient side burner, there’s a grill out there that will meet your needs.
We recommend the Weber Spirit II E-310 as our top pick for the best gas grill under $500. It offers a spacious cooking area, three burners, and a built-in thermometer for precise temperature control. Plus, Weber is a trusted brand with a reputation for producing high-quality grills that last.
Delicious Traeger Chicken Kabobs to Satisfy Your Cravings
I’m Kara Chavez, and I love coffee. I like to create some of the best coffees around – espressos, lattes, macchiatos – you name it. I strive for perfection in my coffee-making skills, and I take great pride in providing a delicious cup of joe to my customers.
I’ve been working in the coffee industry for years now, and I know everything there is to know about making a perfect cup of coffee. My passion for coffee shines through in every cup that I make, and I hope that you’ll stop by soon so that I can share my love of coffee with you!